40 Night Comfort Guarantee
We know it takes a while to get used to your new bed. So if after 40 nights you don’t find your bed totally comfy, we’ll exchange it for a new one. You’ll need to have used a mattress protector to qualify, but we promise to make the whole exchange process quick and simple. All we ask is that you try your new mattress for at least 40 nights. Please note charges apply to the guarantee. Our standard conditions apply.
Terms and conditions:
If you don’t find your new bed comfortable after sleeping on it for 40 nights (within 8 weeks of delivery) we’ll exchange it as long as you have used a mattress protector. Contact our Customer Services team to register and arrange for the bed to be inspected.
- Proof of purchase is required. Please note we will not be able to exchange mattresses purchased on their own without a divan base or Bensons for Beds bed frame.
- You must have slept on the bed for at least 40 nights (within 8w eeks of delivery) to allow your body to become fully accustomed to it.
- You must use a mattress protector as stained and damaged beds cannot be exchanged.
- We will apply an administration charge of 10% of the value of the original bed and a re-delivery charge to cover some of the costs.
- Where your new order is more expensive than your old one, we will require payment for the difference in price.
- We are unable to make any refund where the new bed is less expensive than the original. Any price difference cannot be made up with a second bed or associated products.
- The Comfort Guarantee does not cover the height, width or colour of your new bed.
- Where you have purchased a bed frame and mattress, we will only exchange the mattress under the terms of the Comfort Guarantee.
- The Comfort Guarantee does not cover clearance items, ex-display items, sofa beds, guest beds, futons and the ‘starter’ mattress (which comes free of charge with some of our bed frames).
- We will only exchange your mattress under this guarantee once.
- You will be required to repay any VAT rebate if you choose a normal bed to replace an automatic bed.
5 year bed guarantee
Bensons for Beds guarantee to repair or replace any part of a bed deemed to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship free of charge for a period of 5 years, even if this is in excess of the manufacturer’s written guarantee. We define a bed as a full divan set or a Bensons for Beds bed frame and mattress purchased together. Examine your bed carefully on delivery and report any damage to our Customer Services team within 3 days. No quibbles – guaranteed. Our standard conditions apply.
Please note the terms of our guarantee:
The following items are not covered by the guarantee, but may be covered by a guarantee or warranty provided by the manufacturer - mattresses sold on their own, the ‘starter’ mattress which is provided free with certain bed frames, headboards, bedroom furniture, soft furnishings, linens, ex-display and clearance items.
The 5 Year Guarantee does not apply when;
- The product has been subjected to excessive wear and tear or misuse.
- The product has been damaged accidentally after our delivery drivers leave your home.
- The product has become soiled in any way. We therefore suggest that you always use a Bensons for Beds mattress protector to avoid unnecessary disputes in this area.
- Delivery can only take place within our usual delivery area. If you have moved since your original delivery date, please let our Customer Services team know.
- In some instances, the manufacturer will choose to send an inspector to view your bed. In these cases, the decision of the inspector will be final.
- Where repair or replacement of the bed is not possible, we will offer you the opportunity to choose an equivalent product from our range. If you choose a product that is more expensive than the nearest equivalent we would require payment for the difference in price. If less expensive we will refund the difference.
- All reasonable efforts will be made to match fabrics where a divan base, mattress or drawer is repaired or replaced. However, a match cannot be guaranteed, no matter how soon after the original bed is delivered.
- This guarantee is non-transferable and will only apply to the original purchaser. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- The guarantee only applies within the boundaries of our usual delivery areas (mainland UK, Northern Ireland and Isle of Wight).
Bensons for Beds are proud to be full members of The Furniture Ombudsman, which means we’re signed up to the Ombudsman’s Code of Practice. This means our customers can benefit from unbiased, informed advice from the Ombudsman about any aspect of products or service. For more information contact: The Funiture Ombudsman on 0845 6532064 or visit www.thefurnitureombudsman.org