TIME FOR A BED M.O.T.?
Don’t let an uncomfortable bed rob you of vital, restful sleep. The Sleep Council’s M.O.T. (Mattress Obsolescence Test) will help you determine if a new mattress would improve your chances of a better night’s sleep. It’s recommended that you conduct this M.O.T. every year after the first three years of new bed ownership. If you answer ‘Yes’ to three questions, you’re not getting the most out of your mattress. Five or more ‘Yes’ answers and it’s time to get a new bed – and National Bed Month (March) might just be a great time to find a great new bed at a great price!
- You’re not sleeping as well as you did a year ago?
- Did you have a better night’s sleep recently somewhere other than your own bed?
- Are you waking up more frequently unrefreshed or aching?
- Is your bed seven years old or more?
- Is it big enough for you and your partner to sleep and move without disturbing each other?
- Do you and your partner roll towards each other unintentionally?
- Are there any bits missing, broken, sticking out or wobbly?
- Does it feel lumpy in the night?
- Does it make suspicious noises in the night?
- Would it be embarrassing if neighbours saw it without its covers?