5 Year Bed Guarantee
Bensons for Beds guarantee to repair or replace any part of a bed deemed to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship free of charge for a period of 5 years, even if this is in excess of the manufacturer’s written guarantee. We define a bed as a full divan set or a Bensons for Beds bed frame and mattress purchased together. Examine your bed carefully on delivery and report any damage to our Customer Services team within 3 days. No quibbles – guaranteed. Our standard conditions apply.
Please note the terms of our guarantee:
The following items are not covered by the guarantee, but may be covered by a guarantee or warranty provided by the manufacturer - mattresses sold on their own, the ‘starter’ mattress which is provided free with certain bed frames, headboards, bedroom furniture, soft furnishings, linens, ex-display and clearance items.
The 5 Year Guarantee does not apply when;
- The product has been subjected to excessive wear and tear or misuse.
- The product has been damaged accidentally after our delivery drivers leave your home.
- The product has become soiled in any way. We therefore suggest that you always use a Bensons for Beds mattress protector to avoid unnecessary disputes in this area.
- Delivery can only take place within our usual delivery area. If you have moved since your original delivery date, please let our Customer Services team know.
- In some instances, the manufacturer will choose to send an inspector to view your bed. In these cases, the decision of the inspector will be final.
- Where repair or replacement of the bed is not possible, we will offer you the opportunity to choose an equivalent product from our range. If you choose a product that is more expensive than the nearest equivalent we would require payment for the difference in price. If less expensive we will refund the difference.
- All reasonable efforts will be made to match fabrics where a divan base, mattress or drawer is repaired or replaced. However, a match cannot be guaranteed, no matter how soon after the original bed is delivered.
- This guarantee is non-transferable and will only apply to the original purchaser. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- The guarantee only applies within the boundaries of our usual delivery areas (mainland UK, Northern Ireland and Isle of Wight).
Bensons for Beds are proud to be full members of The Furniture Ombudsman, which means we’re signed up to the Ombudsman’s Code of Practice. This means our customers can benefit from unbiased, informed advice from the Ombudsman about any aspect of products or service. For more information contact: The Funiture Ombudsman on 0845 6532064 or visit www.thefurnitureombudsman.org
The Furniture Ombudsman,