Your 5 Year Bed Guarantee
At Bensons, we go to extra lengths to ensure every customer
is guaranteed to have a great night’s sleep.
With a free five year guarantee and nothing extra to pay,
we’ve got it covered, but we’ll leave the sleeping up to you…
What is guaranteed?
At Bensons for Beds we provide you with a free 5 Year Guarantee when you purchase a new product from our ranges of divans, bed frames, mattresses, TV beds, headboards, sofa beds, bedroom furniture and kid’s beds and furniture. Most other new products including bedding, rugs and mirrors come with a 1 Year Guarantee.
Neither the 5 Year Guarantee nor the 1 Year Guarantee are provided with products sold as ‘Clearance’ or ‘Ex-display’ from our showrooms or website, however you may still be covered by any guarantee provided by the manufacturer.
Our Guarantee means that we will repair or replace any part of a defective qualifying product due to faulty materials free of charge within the relevant guarantee period, even if any manufacturer’s guarantee has expired.
There are some important additional conditions and exclusions to the guarantee which are set out below.
When your delivery arrives, please check everything carefully and contact our customer services team on 0333 222 6800 as soon as possible to let us know if there are any issues.
Where does the guarantee apply?
We offer the 5 Year and 1 Year Guarantees to all customers purchasing a qualifying product who are resident in, and have had the product delivered to an address, in Great Britain. The Guarantee does not apply when the product(s) are taken outside of Great Britain.
The Guarantees are non-transferable and only apply to the original purchaser
What is excluded from the Guarantee?
Neither our 5 year guarantee nor our 1 year guarantee covers the following issues,
- Damage through misuse, abuse or deliberate/wilful damage.
- Accidental damage or damage through negligence by you or any third party
- Product that has been assembled or stored incorrectly (e.g. damp or in direct sunlight).
- The cracking of wood due to extreme changes in room humidity or direct heat source (such as air conditioning and radiators)
- Normal wear and tear including staining, excessive soiling (we recommend using a mattress protector), interior settlement and flattening.
- Dye transfer from non-colourfast plastics, fabrics and clothing (including denims and throws) damage or delamination through contact with hair and body products, or other cosmetic applications such as tanning lotions.
- Damage through failure to follow the instructions contained in our care guide or any instructions (including, but not limited to, any manufacturing instructions) given with the product on delivery.
- Any item where alteration or repairs have been carried out, except by us.
- Failure to follow the terms of these guarantees. In particular, proof of purchase of the product in question is the responsibility of the customer, and needs to be provided by the customer (see How to make a Claim below)
- Items purchased as ‘Clearance’ or ‘Ex-display’ as stated above.
- Bensons products are intended for domestic and private use only. These guarantees only apply to transactions with consumers. These guarantees do not apply in any commercial, business or re-sale purpose, and we have no liability to you for any consequential loss, loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. Our liability is limited to the order value at the time of purchase.
We have an optional Bed Guard plan which you can purchase before your product is delivered. This will protect you in the event of an accident as they do happen from time to time! See our in-store leaflets or ask a Sales Adviser for more details.
How do I make a claim on the Guarantee?
If you want to make a claim on either the 5 year or 1 year guarantee,
- Contact our customer service team on 0333 222 6800 or using our contact form quoting your order / reference number.
- . If you would like us to discuss your queries with another person, you’ll need to give us permission to speak to them.
- We may ask you to send us some photographs of the issue so we can assess the possible problem.
- We reserve the right to send an inspector from an independent company to inspect the product and the nature of the complaint. We will abide by the decision of the inspector.
- If your complaint is raised within the first six months, then we will bear the cost of any inspection if required. After this time, you can either arrange your own inspection or you may use the independent companies we use for a fee of (£60).
- If the inspection confirms that the claim is valid then any inspection fee paid will be refunded to you.
- Where a repair or replacement is possible then we will do so at our discretion.
- We’ll try our best to exactly match fabrics when replacing a divan base, mattress or drawer.
- If repair or replacement is not possible we’ll offer you the chance to pick an equivalent product. If this is more expensive you’ll need to make up the difference. If it’s cheaper, we’ll give you a refund of the difference.
- If we decide we cannot economically repair or replace your product then we will reimburse you up to the value of the purchase price with such reimbursement reduced to take into account the use of the product since delivery. Please note that if your product forms part of an order (for instance a mattress and bed frame) we will only reimburse you for the product that we have confirmed as having a defect within the terms of the guarantee.
- Should we repair or replace your product under any of our guarantees, then the repaired or replaced product will not have a new guarantee in itself but will instead enjoy the benefit of the remaining term of any original guarantee.
These guarantees are offered by Bensons for Beds which is a trading name of Bensons for Beds Retail Ltd, The Globe Centre, 1 St James Square, Accrington, BB5 0RE.
The guarantees are in addition to your statutory rights (under the Consumer Rights Act) which are not affected by these guarantees. Further advice in relation to your statutory rights is available from your local Trading Standards Office or Citizens Advice Bureau.
Bensons for Beds has the sole discretion to decide whether to repair or replace the product in question and/or to reimburse the customer as set out above. Bensons for Beds also reserves the right to amend or withdraw either or both of these guarantees at any time although for the avoidance of doubt any guarantees that are in existence at such a time will be honoured.
You may be entitled to refer your complaint to The Furniture and Home Improvement Ombudsman, and we are bound to follow any decision that they make. To find out more about The Furniture and Home Improvement Ombudsman and how you might be able to use their dispute resolution service visit fhio.org or telephone 0333 241 3209.
Some of the products we sell have the benefit of a manufacturers guarantee in addition to our guarantee. Please consult the documentation supplied with your product and ensure you register your purchase with the manufacturer if required to enjoy the benefits of the manufacturers guarantee.