Enjoy reading these 10 fun and amazing facts about dreams...
1. The origin of the word ‘dream’ is from the Middle English word ‘dreme’ which means ‘joy’ and ‘music’
2. It is estimated that we would have spent about 6 years of our lifetime in dreaming
3. Research has led to the belief that though most dreams are in colour, people do not usually see them in colour unless it is something very vivid
4. It is believed that most people dream for more than an hour a night. Still, most people forget more than 95% of their dreams mainly because of the low level of awareness during sleep. Within 5 minutes of waking up, more than half of the dream is forgotten. Within 10 minutes, 90% is gone
5. We only see real faces of people we know in our dreams; we cannot invent faces in our dreams
6. The most common emotion that people experience in a dream is that of anxiety and negative emotions are more common than positive ones
7. External stimuli can easily be incorporated in a dream. So if the doorbell rings while you dream, the sound would manifest itself in the dream
8. Interestingly, men tend to dream more about men while in comparison women dream equally about both men and women
9. It is impossible to snore and dream at the same time
10. People have been fascinated by dreams since thousands of years. The first dreams to be chronicled were in 4000 BC. The Egyptians were said to have created dream dictionaries.
For more facts related to sleeping, have a look at our Sleep Hub!