When it comes to levelling up, our brand-new gaming bed promises to elevate your bedroom instantly. It’s contemporary, sleek, and fully fitted with all the mod-cons a gamer needs to recharge their mind, body and that essential gaming kit too.
In this guide, we’ll shine a light on the key benefits boasted by our gaming bed. We’ll also walk you through those need-to-know details that will ultimately help you understand whether it’s the right investment for the gamer in your life too.
Read on to learn more about the game-changing gaming bed: Re-charge.
What is a gaming bed?
A gaming bed is basically a bed that features built-in storage that has been designed specifically to accommodate gaming essentials. The main features that make up a gaming bed are:
- Designated space for a console box
- Hooks for gaming headsets and remote controllers
- USB/USBC connectivity
This enables dual purpose functionality. Therefore, a space that is for gaming is also equipped for sleep and vice-versa.
If you have a gamer in your household, a gaming bed is likely to be on their personal wish list soon (if it isn’t on there already). High sleeper beds are one of the most common types of gaming bed the market has to offer. However, high sleeper beds are really only suitable for kids and teens (at a stretch).
We wanted to design a gaming bed that can carry teenagers into adulthood and beyond. Read on to discover all the unique and intuitive features of our Re-charge gaming bed.
Re-charge: a bed designed for gaming and sleep
Unlike high sleeper gaming beds which are aimed at children, we wanted to create an age-inclusive alternative that would be preferable for teenagers and adults alike.
And so, Re-charge was born.
Re-charge is comparable to a TV bed in that the TV – or gaming screen – rises from the footrest of the bed. But this gaming bed goes a step further than the ever-popular TV bed set-up. Featuring a ventilated console box, hooks on either side of the headboard for headsets and controllers and USB/ USBC charging ports along with other intuitive gaming hook-ups, there’s plenty to walk you through.
Another great thing about the gaming headset and controller hooks is that they are removable. So, if your partner does not like gaming, the hooks can be detached from their side of the bed.
Re-charge gaming bed: PlayStation or X-Box?
It’s hard to deny the popularity of gaming. In 2023, the gaming market is expected to be worth $242.39 billion (1).
Historically, Sony and Microsoft have been neck and neck in the race to create the go-to standard for games consoles. But at the moment, the Sony PlayStation 5 seems to be dominating the race.
As of July 2023, Sony have sold more than 40 million PS5 consoles worldwide (2). And, as of September 2023, Microsoft have sold in excess of 21 million Xbox Series X and Series S consoles worldwide (3). But, despite there being a clear winner, we didn’t want to play favourites.
And so, our gaming bed’s mood lighting is adaptable. LED lights behind headboard and create an immersive glow within your gaming area. And the inside of the ventilated console box – aka space for your preferred gaming console – also features LED lighting.
What’s great about this feature is that there are multiple colour options to choose from. And so, you can tailor your bedroom lighting to your mood, gaming console preferences OR the type of game you are playing! The colours options are:
So, whether you’re invested in First Person Shooter combat, have embarked on a new action adventure, or Sports is your gaming genre of choice, there’s an LED colour choice that can enhance the in-game experience.
Re-charge gaming bed: intuitive gamer-friendly features
Gaming is a way of life for many tweens, teenagers, and adults. And as such, mod-cons need to be extremely accessible. For a gaming bed to truly live up to its name, it has to have convenient access to those necessary peripherals (ergo, headphones, controllers etc) that further enhance the in-game experience. The Re-charge gaming bed has you covered whichever side of the bed you prefer to sleep on!
With hooks designed to house headphones and controllers on either side of the headboard, you’ll have access to a safe storage solution for these gaming essentials when it’s time to get some shut eye.
What’s more, we have ensured that both sides of the bed are equipped with convenient charging and wired access too. On either side, you’ll find:
- USB port
- USB-C port
- AUX port
- Headphone port
So, if you prefer the reliability of a wired headset, you can still enjoy an immersive gaming experience with this bed. And, if you need to charge your peripherals while you sleep, the USB and USB-C ports allow them to be kept close by.
Another cool feature of our Re-charge gaming bed is the built-in ventilated storage box. We’re well aware of the need for ventilation access when it comes to gaming console. And so, we’ve ensured that the dedicated space for your gaming console within the Re-charge bed has been designed with this in mind. The mesh-like casing allows air to circulate around the console so that heat escape and your gaming console of choice – be it PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo Switch, or any other console - can function as you’d expect for hours on end.
Re-charge gaming bed: forward-thinking design
Our Re-charge gaming bed even features side opening ottoman storage with a built-in ventilated console box. The ventilated console box and storage opening can be positioned on either side of the bed – the choice is yours. And the format of this adaptable design means that you can determine which side of the bed also offers storage (for more gaming paraphernalia, simply seasonal clothing, or anything else you want to store out of sight as well as your gaming console) as you come to assemble it.
The ventilated console box will sit at the same side you choose to position the side opening ottoman storage on.
If you’re in a position where it doesn’t matter which side of the bed your storage and console sit on, lucky you. And if you need to position your gaming bed up against a wall, the adaptable design ensures you’ll be able to maintain access whatever the scenario.
Re-charge gaming bed: the look
The look embraces a sleek and eye-catching contemporary aesthetic that makes this bed ideal for design-conscious gamers.
The Re-charge incorporates a contemporary headboard design that will appeal to lovers of clean lines. Plus, with two colour options to choose from, you’ll be able to tailor the colour of your gaming bed to your bedroom design scheme.
Our Re-charge gaming bed is available in:
- Black woven fabric with grey contrasting stitching – this colour combination would work great with a range of interior décor concepts including monochromatic, minimalist, and modern bedrooms.
- Charcoal grey woven fabric with white contrasting stitching – pairs perfectly with a diverse range of décor spanning from classic through to contemporary bedroom designs.
Re-charge gaming bed: the TV
All of our Re-charge gaming beds come with a made-to-measure gaming-ready Sharp TV that is exclusive to Bensons for Beds. The 43” 4K UHD Android TV comes equipped with the following:
- HDMI 2.1 with eARC: enables audio from the TV to a separate audio device via an HDMI cable. eARC is an upgrade of the ARC and can handle higher bandwidth and uncompressed audio formats (4).
- Dolby Vision: this cinema-inspired HDR promises gamers a visually stunning display each and every time they play.
- Dolby Atmos: Delivers 360-degrees sound experience for an immersive game playing experience (5).
- DTS:X immersive audio codec and DTS Virtual:X 3D audio post processing: this next generation audio codec and post processing from DTS leverages spatial audio to deliver new levels of immersive listening (6). The DTS Virtal:X 3D further enhances the feeling of being part of the on-screen action (7).
- AQUOS Smooth Motion: This frame interpolation technology improves any perceived motion resolution which is ideal for fast-paced RPG and FPS gaming fans (8).
And the perks don’t stop there. This TV also comes equipped with Google Assistant and Chromecast built-in as well as a HARDMAN/KARDON speaker system which perfectly compliments the Dolby Atmos sound.
The Re-charge gaming bed even comes with a handy extension cable to make plugging your console into its new home is no hassle. We’ve even thrown in an HDMI cable too.
Re-charge gaming bed: size options
Our Re-charge gaming bed is available in multiple sizes:
- Small double Re-charge gaming bed: Our small double gaming bed has been designed to accommodate a small double mattress perfectly. Once fully assembled, the small double Re-charge gaming bed measures in at 1305mm x 2330mm (W x L). As the name suggests, small double beds are smaller than a double bed but larger than a single bed. If your bedroom is too small to fit a standard double gaming bed, then a small double is usually a good alternative. Offering enough space for two adults to sleep comfortably – if you share your bed with a partner – or plenty of space for solo sleepers to really spread out.
- Double Re-charge gaming bed: The double gaming bed has been designed to perfectly accommodate a standard UK double mattress. Once assembled, the double re-charge gaming bed measures 1450mm x 2330mm (W x L). A double bed sleeps two adults comfortably and is the most popular bed size in the UK. Double gaming beds can also be a great option for a teenager’s bedroom, especially if they seem to be outgrowing their single bed fast.
- King size Re-charge gaming bed: A king size bed has been specifically designed to accommodate a king size mattress. Once assembled, the Re-charge gaming bed measures in at 1600mm x 2460mm (W x L). King size gaming beds are popular amongst couples and adults alike. Given the additional length, king size could be the right choice for taller teems too as they are 10cm longer than single, small double, and double beds. They also offer a more generous sleeping space for gaming couples.
The right size option for yourself – or the person you are buying for – will come down to a combination of budget, available space, and the sleepers (or gamers) you are trying to accommodate. Find out how to choose the ideal bed size and how to measure your space in our handy Sleep Hub blog posts.
Complete the look: the Re-charge gaming bedside table
If you prefer your bedroom furniture to match, the Re-charge gaming bedside table is ideal. It’s also a great choice for gaming enthusiasts that aren’t quite ready to invest in a gaming bed just yet. It features some modern conveniences that even non-gamers will appreciate too. Here are some of the benefits boasted by the Re-charge bedside table.
- Two finishes to choose from. As with our gaming bed, the re-charge bedside cabinets are available in black with grey stitching or charcoal grey with white stitching. The choice is yours.
- Built in charging ports. With USB and USB-C charging ports built into your bedside table, you won’t have to worry about losing your phone, gaming controllers, or any other tech essentials again.
- Built in wireless charger. And for ultra-convenience, we’ve equipped the top of this gamer-friendly bedside unit with a built-in wireless charger!
- Tempered glass top. The glass top of this piece only further adds to the contemporary feel of the range. Plus, some of the benefits of the glass being tempered include increased strength, thermal shock resistance, and safety (9).
- Hidden RGB LED light strip. The open shelving space features a hidden colour-changing LED light strip. Further immerse yourself into that in-game experience or find out how light could improve your sleep in our blog post written by our resident Sleep Expert.
Whether you’re a gamer or just a fan of life’s modern conveniences, this bedside table would make a great addition to any bedroom.
Sleep Better with a Bensons for Beds Bedroom
If you’re considering investing in a gaming bed, you’ll find everything you need both online and at your local Bensons for Beds store. We have an expansive collection of mattressesto suit every sleeper, as well as gaming beds in sizes ranging from single up to king size.
If you’d like to place an order or discuss our gaming bed in more detail, our experts are on hand to help. Pop into your local showroom or contact the Bensons for Beds customer service team on 0808 144 6160.